The Conceptpower DPA is a high-power, modular UPS system designed for today’s critical high-density computing environments. The UPS is built using true online double conversion technology and delivers high-quality power. When combined with complete network integration software and communication connectivity, the Conceptpower DPA provides a comprehensive, easy-to-integrate power protection for data centers and network environments.
The Conceptpower DPA is based on ABB’s unique and proven Decentralized Parallel Architecture DPATM. The major benefit of a DPA system is very high power availability. Each UPS module has its own independent static switch, rectifier, inverter, logic control, control panel and battery charger. Even the batteries can be configured separately for each module if required. With all of the critical components duplicated and distributed amongst individual units, potential single points of failure are eliminated. System uptime is further maximized by the true safe-swap modularity of the modules (easy replacement during system operation) which allows the simple addition or removal of modules without the need to bypass the UPS.
The Conceptpower DPA UPS system offers best-in-class efficiency and power performance features including:
- Rated at power factor = 0.8 leading
- Output power factor of up to 0.8 lagging to 0.9 leading without derating
- Best-in-class compactness (250 kVA = 0.58 m2, 343 kW/m2)
- Input power factor PF = 0.99
- Up to 95.5% efficiency in double conversion mode and 98% efficiency in eco-mode
- Ripple-free battery charging increases battery life
- Wide input voltage range (–40%/+15%)
- Up to 30 modules in parallel configuration